Whirlix Design Inc. believes in the power of play and the crucial role it plays in a child's emotional, social and intellectual development.
"Playgrounds can provide opportunities for children to practice a range of skills that ultimately play a role in key adult competencies."
- Shaped by Play: The Formative Role of Play and Playgrounds, Landscape Structures® in partnership with the University of Minnesota Institute of Child Development.
We are partnering with companies like Landscape Structures® to bring the highest level of quality and inventiveness to the playgrounds we build. We look forward to discussing your playground project with you.
You guys rock! I’m serious. We have started working on more and more school projects, and I can’t wait to get Whirlix involved on more of them. You’re always on top of it, and a joy to work with. So thank you! - Courtney K. – Studio 16:19
Having the opportunity to work with (Whirlix) on this project has been both a highlight and one of the most enjoyable experiences we’ve had thus far. The playgrounds look absolutely amazing! All of you have provided exceptional customer service throughout this process. We look forward to working with you for many years to come. We couldn’t ask for better partners. - J. Wells, CEO – STEAMspark Montessori Experience
Our Recent Posts
- Delivering adventure with playground towers November 28, 2022Playgrounds and outdoor play do so much more than expend a child’s excess energy. Playing on a playground teaches children self-regulation, how to handle stressful situations, and increase self-confidence and self-esteem. Including exciting and interesting playground elements that test and challenge children of all ages and abilities increases these benefits.
- Welcome and Support All Playground Visitors with Inclusive Design - June 23, 2022Landscape Structures’ design philosophy is heavily influenced by the tenets of Inclusive Design, a theory of design that strives to make environments more usable, safer and healthier for all. This philosophy has been part of the company’s commitment to inclusion since co-founder, Steve King, was appointed to the Federal Access Board’s Recreation Access Advisory Committee […]
- WE ARE ALL SHAPED BY PLAY - February 20, 2022To build better playgrounds, and to encourage more of them, Landscape Structures® wanted to understand how play leads to the development of successful adults. So, they commissioned a meta-study, “Shaped by Play: The Formative Role of Play and Playgrounds” in partnership with the University of Minnesota Institute of Child Development. This study aggregates and analyzes […]
- 2021 Play Tour - November 4, 20212021 Play Tour at Landscape Structures in Delano, MN was well attended! We were thrilled to have the folks from Coleman and Associates, City of Mineral Wells, and the City of Allen join us for tour of the plant where the best playgrounds are made!